Our Client is looking for a Full-time Experienced Cook.
Anticipated Start date: As soon as possible
Work hours: fulltime
TERMS: PERMANENT FULL TIME
Positions Available: 2
Job duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare and cook complete meals, dishes, other foods and desserts as per the Order
- Preparing of dough for the tandoori bread (clay / tandoor oven-baked with exact attention to dough rising times)
- Portion, arrange, and garnish food, be comfortable using Tandoor, grill
- Allocate work and supervise kitchen helpers
- Plan menus, ensure quality of food and determine size of food proportions
- Estimate food requirements and costs
- Ensure good kitchen hygiene
- Maintain inventory and records of food, supplies and equipment
- Train new kitchen helpers and assist the management in hiring new kitchen staffs
- Cooks may specialize in preparing and cooking ethnic cuisine or special dishes.
- Cook needs to have a clear understanding of the spices and recipes involved in preparing a variety of traditional Indian dishes.
- Ease with the use of knives and other kitchen equipment is essential.
- Identify new dishes for the menu. Work with management to constantly improve/ amend menu.
Wages : Negotiable based on experience
Skills and Education:
- 1-2 years of related experience
- Completion of Secondary School