The Room Attendant is a physically demanding and very important role within the hotel. You co-operate as a member of the housekeeping team to successfully clean and prepare the suites for the guests, clean common areas, and keep all supplies well-stocked. Teamwork, communication, and the ability to work under pressure will allow you to be successful in this position.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of the use of job related equipment, including a vacuum cleaner, washer/dryer, carpet/upholstery cleaner and cleaning supplies. An understanding and practice of Blood and Body Fluid Precaution techniques of agency.
- An understanding and awareness of WHIMS policy and procedures.
- Ability to work independently and to organize and prioritize work.
- Ability to establish/maintain satisfactory work relationships with staff and clients.
- Ability to operate equipment required for the job.
- Ability to carry out the physical demands of the job.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes. Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.