We are looking for an Assistant Manager for restaurant for Kelowna. The ideal candidate is someone who has managerial capabilities, as this position is being groomed to become the General Manager of a new store opening in one year’s time.
- Control day-to-day operations by scheduling labor, ordering food and supplies, and developing the restaurant team.
- Assist the General Manager with all aspects of operations.
- Ensure Occupational Safety and Health Act, local health and safety codes, and company safety and security policies are met.
- Follow cash control/security procedures, maintaining inventory, managing labor, reviewing financial reports, and taking appropriate actions.
- Recruit, interview, and hire team members; conduct performance appraisals, take discipline action, motivate and train.
- Ensure food quality and 100% customer satisfaction.
- Ensure complete and timely execution of corporate & local marketing programs.
- Ensure a safe working and customer experience environment by facilitating safe work protocol for the team.
- 1-2 years supervisory experience in either a food service or retail environment.
- Basic business math and accounting skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to handle conflict resolutions.
- Good verbal and written communication skills are an asset.
- Strong analytical and decision-making skills.