We are currently recruiting for a Certified Electrician. The Certified Electrician will be responsible for all electrical and process control equipment on site. This includes maintaining, repairing, installing and modifying electrical equipment and related components, to maximize uptime, quality and production by following all safety regulatory requirements.
What You’ll Do
- Perform all assigned electrical preventative maintenance, breakdown, and emergency repairs.
- Evaluate equipment operation and make recommendation for repairs.
- Work in a safe and efficient manner, following all safety rules and regulations as well as using all personal protective gear / equipment as required.
- Read, write and follow maintenance work orders to facilitate machine repairs.
What You Offer
- Must be a Certified Electrician (BC/IP or Red Seal).
- Allen Bradley/Toshiba PLC maintenance experience is required.
- HMI and network experience.
- Knowledge of VFD drives, soft start, and medium to high voltage systems.
- 3-5 years of experience in the sawmilling industry.
- Availability to work a swing shift schedule
- Commitment to maintain a safe work environment without compromise.
- Recognize problems and have them corrected immediately.
- Open-minded and positive in dealing with change and new ways of doing things.
- Take personal responsibility for the quality and timeliness of work
- Good technical, problem solving and trouble-shooting skills.
- Mechanical/electrical aptitude.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and ability to work effectively in a highly interactive/energetic team environment.
- Ability to troubleshoot VFD drives, optimizer systems, scanners and computer skills would be an asset.