Alberta Self-Employed Farmer StreamThe AINP Self-Employed Farmer Stream enables farm owners/operators who intend to permanently settle in Alberta to purchase and manage their farming business.
Self-employed farmers must meet the following minimum requirements in order to be eligible to apply to this stream:
- Prove that they have farm management skills with:
- Financial documentation of existing farm business;
- Proof of education, training, and/or work experience;
- A proposed business plan for Alberta farm; and
- Proof that a Canadian financial institution will finance farming venture in Alberta.
- Prove that they have sufficient financial resources for this venture:
- Show ability to invest a minimum of $500,000 of equity in primary production farming business in Alberta;
- Show a minimum net worth of $500,000 or confirmation of access to similar funds; and
- $500,000 is a minimum amount. A larger amount may be required to demonstrate investment ability.
- Prove that they will invest in a primary production farming business in Alberta:
- Document investment intentions with proposed business plan; and
- Be aware that applications that show greatest opportunity for growth of Alberta’s agri-food targets will be given priority.
When Not to Apply
Candidates should not apply if they are:
- Refugee claimants, or individuals involved in a federal appeal or removal process;
- Live-in caregivers currently residing in Canada;
- Temporary Foreign Workers working and residing in a province other than Alberta;
- International students studying in Canada and doing co-op work placements or internships as part of their study program.
Relocating to another country and starting a new life is a challenging decision. Canada is a great country to live in, yet starting up all over in Canada too involves many challenges and uncertainties. The process might be cumbersome and sometimes quite complex that requires expertise to deal with.
At Noaisys we simplify your immigration process to Canada.