+1(604)-591-3818 | Suite #200-11957, 80 Ave Delta, BC, Canada.


Federal Skilled Workers via Express Entry

Federal Skilled Worker applications are assessed based on an applicant's ability to become economically established upon immigration to Canada.CIC assesses it based on six selection factors

If you score 67 points or higher (out of 100), you may qualify to immigrate to Canada as a federal skilled worker.

If you score lower than the pass mark of 67 points, you will not qualify to immigrate to Canada as a federal skilled worker via Express Entry.

Minimum requirements

Skilled work experience
  • Minimum one year (1,560 hours) skill level full time(Continuous) experience within past 10 years
Your work experience must be:
  • At least one year (1,560 hours total / 30 hours per week), continuous full-time or an equal amount in part-time,
  • Paid work (volunteer work, unpaid internships do not count), in the same job
  • Within the last 10 years, and at skill type 0, or skill levels A or B of the 2011 National Occupational Classification (NOC).
Full Time

30 hours/week for 12 months = 1 year full time (1,560 hours)

Part Time

15 hours/week for 24 months = 1 year full time (1,560 hours)


30 hours/week for 12 months at more than one job = 1 year full time (1,560 hours)

You must show that you did the duties set out in the lead statement of the occupational description in the NOC, including all the essential duties and most of the main duties listed.

If you cannot show that your work experience meets the description in the NOC, you are not eligible under this program.

You must:

Meet the minimum language level of Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) 7, and

Take a language test approved by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) that shows you meet the level for speaking, listening, reading and writing.

You must show that you meet the Requirements in English or French by including the test resultswhen you complete your Express Entry profile. Your Test results must not be more than two years old on the day you apply for permanent residence.

You must have:

A Canadian secondary (high school) or post-secondary certificate, diploma or degree,


A completed foreign credential, and

An Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) report from an agency approved by CIC. [The report must show your foreign education is equal to a completed Canadian secondary (high school) or post-secondary certificate, diploma or degree

If you meet all the conditions set out in the minimum requirements, we will assess your application based on the selection factors in the federal skilled worker points grid.

The selection factors are:


  • Your skills in English and/or French (Canada's two official languages),
  • Your education,
  • Your work experience,
  • Your age,
  • Whether you have a valid job offer, and
  • Your adaptability (how well you are likely to settle here).

To see how many points you might get, Read about the selection factors.
Point grids for each factor(Federal Skilled Workers via Express Entry)

Section factor Max Points
Education 25
Language 28
Work Experience 15
Age 12
Adaptability 10
Arranged Employment 10
Total 100
Pass Mark 67

You must show that you have enough money to support yourself and your family after you arrive in Canada, unless you:

Are currently able to legally work in Canada, and

Have a valid job offer from an employer in Canada.

If you are married or live with a common-law foreign national partner in Canada, and that person also meets the above conditions, you can decide which one of you will apply under Express Entry as a principal applicant.

A common-law partner is a person who has lived with you in a conjugal relationship for at least one year. Common-law partner refers to both opposite-sex and same-sex couples.

Look at each selection factor and see which one of you is most likely to meet the eligibility requirements and earn the most points. That person should apply as the principal applicant.

1 You must be admissible to Canada.

2 You must plan to live outside the province of Quebec.

If you have skilled work experience and want to live in Canada permanently, use our Come to Canada tool to see if you are eligible for the Express Entry pool.

Free Consultation

Relocating to another country and starting a new life is a challenging decision. Canada is a great country to live in, yet starting up all over in Canada too involves many challenges and uncertainties. The process might be cumbersome and sometimes quite complex that requires expertise to deal with.

At Noaisys we simplify your immigration process to Canada.

Your Name (required)

Your Email (required)


Your Message